Tuesday, June 6, 2017

JUST EAST OF REVELSTOKE (Part Four)

JUST EAST OF REVELSTOKE (Part Four)
You know in the Road Runner cartoons, the way Wile E. Coyote can run off a cliff and he’s fine but then he does not fall, until he looks down?

I used to believe that this was the secret for my life, to "Never Look Down" but it's NOT THAT!
It's not just about not looking down, what it is about is realizing that you're in the middle of the air and you don't know how to fly!

That is how my last marriage before Joyce caught me, it’s hard to decide where I should start and at the same time, it is very easy for it’s all there.
All the memories, the pain, the fear, the stress is all just a simple recalled flashback away.
One moment from a time long ago, when my world was turned upside down and my child was abducted.

IMO and hindsight, it was because of nothing more than another person’s whim, of control over me.
So they could say; look, at what I can do to you and you cannot stop me! This is what I found to be the case with most of the 408 Child Abductions, which I eventually came to know.

I became a single Dad and had to adapt quickly and Joyce seemed to be impressed by this. Helping when she could and listening to each adventure of being a single parent as it was presented to me. Sure, she was not perfect and neither am I but we did complement each other!
Not only did I learn to help others through Child Find Alberta but Joyce and I became even closer.

At the same time in the Library, I gravitated towards the Union and became a Union Rep, Recording Secretary, and eventually the Union Local Vice President, had to as my social obligation is great but I had a BULLY BOSS and my need to survive, was even greater.

Quite an accomplishment considering I worked with 600 or so females with maybe 6 males, including the Library Director within the whole Library system.

The Library Union, was the safest place for me at the time as both Joyce and I had supervisors, who delighted in pulling the wings off flies and off us (their opinion), 2 legged flies.

Joyce’s marriage also was becoming a scary event but she kept trooping along, especially after the adoption of more than she could handle.

Joyce was happy and yet at the same time afraid and I have found that when you're afraid of something, what you want more than anything else is to make this fear go away. You want your life back to the way it was before you found out that there was something to be afraid of. You want to go so far and even build a high wall and live your old life behind it.

But nothing ever stays the same. That's not your old life at all. That's your New Norm of your New Life with a wall around it. Your choice is not about going back to the way things were. Your choice is about hiding, or about going right to the heart of the thing that scares you most and dealing with it head on!

For that is me, to go where Angels fear to tread and grab the demon by the horns!
Joyce grabbed the horns then ran but only I know why?
Fear Just East of Revelstoke;
Part 4 by Richard Abbenbroek…

No comments: