Wednesday, September 5, 2012

MY INSPECTION OF THE 538 RCACS

MY INSPECTION OF THE 538 ROYAL CANADIAN AIR CADET SQUADRON:
I was given the honor to inspect this last April with the Deputy Mayor for the City of Calgary Alderman G. Lowe​ for the month of April, Captain Phil Ricard and Chief Warrant Officer Tran. During this Squadrons Freedom of the City Event.
MY ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE MILITARY EDUCATION:
If one broke it all down, what one really learned in my day besides the polishing of your shoes/boots to a mirror shine and that Bayonets besides being a useful tool to open tins of your “Individual Ration Pack (IRP)”. Bayonets I was told were in fact actually supposed to be used for killing. I also learned about how to pick up cigarettes butts, paint every an anything that did not move and salute all that did!
This this is what I remember mostly of my MILITARY EDUCATION!
Today though, Royal Canadian Air Cadets make my ancient learnt skills pale by comparison and they have much more fun, with much more opportunity.
Proud To Serve In Both Organizations Am I…
An old memory from Sir Richard... :)
THOU SHALT NOT KILL…

No comments: