Thursday, November 20, 2014

FROM: THE CANADIAN MINISTER OF NATIONAL DEFENCE

F.Y.I. TO RICHARD ABBENBROEK FROM:
THE CANADIAN MINISTER OF NATIONAL DEFENCE
From: DND_MND@forces.gc.ca
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:14 AM
To: bayohunter@shaw.ca
Cc: CIMS_OPER@pm.gc.ca
Subject: RE: Atten: Minister of National Defence:


Dear Mr. Abbenbroek:
Thank you for your email about the events that unfolded in Ottawa on 22 October 2014. I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Canadians are shocked by the tragic death of Corporal Nathan Cirillo. Our hearts and profound sympathy go out to his loved ones, friends, and colleagues. And we fervently hope for the full recovery of those who were injured in the attack.

Canada is not immune to attacks like this, and we have seen such attacks occur in the countries of our friends and allies. As the Prime Minister said, this will lead us to strengthen our resolve and redouble our efforts and those of our national security agencies to take all necessary steps to identify and counter threats and keep Canada safe here at home. And we will continue to fight terrorist organizations that brutalize people in other countries with the hope of bringing their savagery to our shores. They will not find a safe haven in Canada.

I truly appreciate your offer to stand on guard at the National War Memorial. However, security measures have now been put in place to ensure that our sentries are protected while they stand on guard.
Again, thank you for writing, and please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your service in the defence of Canada.
Yours truly,

Hon. Rob Nicholson, PC, QC, MP
Minister of National Defence
c.c. Office of the Prime Minister of Canada
*******************************************************
From: Richard G. Abbenbroek [mailto:bayohunter@shaw.ca]
Sent: October-22-14 11:49 AM
To: DND_MND@forces.gc.ca

Subject: Atten: Minister of National Defence:
From: Richard G. Abbenbroek Sent: 22/10/2014 11:48:43 AM
 

Minister of National Defence:
The Honourable Robert Nicholson,


Dear Sir,
I am shocked by the attack of our Parliament Buildings and sacred War Memorial for Canada’s Fallen.
I beg you to re- activate me into the R.C.A.F., as I will stand on guard there.
Yes I am older 59 and not well but I know what a bayonet is for, please consider my request as I a serious.
I also tweeted PM Harper:


@pmharper Sir, if I may - I believe WAR MEASURES ACT TIME! I also would like to please be re-activated to help, even guard our War Memorial!
 

Sincerely,
Richard Abbenbroek  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkgV5bl7kQ
Photo of Richard Abbenbroek R.C.A.F. 1973

No comments: