Wednesday, November 5, 2014

FIFTH OF NOVEMBER

HAPPY GUY FAWKES NIGHT!
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMH1AimA72w 

NOTE; Today in England it is The 5th of November,
And now only in England is Guy Fawkes Night celebrated.
We changed that day to Halloween or All Hallows Eve, 
a Salem Witch thing.

FIFTH OF NOVEMBER 
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up King and Parliament.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys,
God save the King!

A clip from the movie "V":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW6HbZXI9Y0 

V: I can assure you that I mean you no harm
Evey: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form…following the function of “what”, and what I am is…a man in a mask
Evey: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I’m not questioning… your powers of observation, I’m merely remarking on the paradox… of asking a masked man… who he is.
Evey: Oh…right.
V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character…of this dramatis persona.
Voila! In view a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation, of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified…and has vowed to vanquish…these venal and virulent…vermin van-guarding vice…and vouchsafing… the violently vicious…and veracious violation…of violition!
The only verdict is vengeance…a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such… shall one day vindicate…the vigilant…and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage…veers most verbose, so let me simply add…that it is my very good honor to meet you…
and you may call me "V".
Evey: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I’m quite sure they will say so. But to whom I might ask am I speaking?
Evey: I’m Evey
V: Evey? E.V. Of course.

God Save The Queen!
Posted by, 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEWbwq36-98 
Fire Photo by Daniel Thomas...
Evey: Richard, are you like a crazy person?
I’m quite sure they will say so Evey. = Sir Richard.... 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQClgNRoPc

No comments: