Sunday, June 27, 2010

“Desensitized”


I believe that through our lives we are witnessed to many daily TV images of death and destruction.
Also due to many forms of media that we interact with, which are mindless, senseless and not without their own horrors, we have evolved to being even more, "Desensitized".

Personally, I have spoken with many Parents and People who have permanently lost someone dear to them.
Though I have never experienced that horror and may God grant that I never do.
I noticed the other day that I have become sort of "Desensitized" to a personally uncomfortable point.

Desensitized so much that I do not flinch when I see it, or hear of it, or sadly I must admit, that I even now shed a tear.
Some may say, if you can become desensitized it is better for you.
Better in that you can handle it more and not go mad from despair or wrought with internal pain.
But I believe that I have actually become cold and I do not like the new “desensitized me”, not one bit.

For if being desensitized means this lack of compassion, well then I am going to turn it around.
From now on with every death and destructive event I will pause and re-attach with my inner self just as God intended us to be and without the influence of Evil’s lack of compassionate choice.
If that brings out a tear or many in me then so be it, as I will now feel for each one of these horrors on their own.
Rather than be cursed, by being “Desensitized”…

By Sir Richard…
http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.com/

No comments: