Friday, November 9, 2007

Sky Pilot - Writings in Dust

In the Military,
a Chaplain is referred to as a
Sky Pilot...

Writings in Dust

Somedays, sometimes,
I do not feel that I should be allowed to even keep company, compared with all of you.
For throughout my life, to barely to meet the mark, is all that I seem able to do.
Grandeur and fame for others is their blessing but for me, it is mostly housed within my brain.
May God Forgive me, for when I am gone,
I fear writings in dust, is all that will become of my name.

Selfish thoughts these are, I know, it is only I who is to blame.
What you are before God, is how one should measure their earthly fame.
Yet, compared to others all that I do would be best described, as simply tame.
May God Forgive me, for when I am gone,
I fear writings in dust, is all that will become of my name.

Love, hope, charity and faith and a well listened ear.
Is how I try to wipe away, others many, many earthly tears.
Then as today, is tomorrow, each day that I live, sometimes is a repeat of the same.
May God Forgive me, for when I am gone,
I fear writings in dust, is all that will become of my name.

For even once in awhile a pseudo saint, can become blue.
Today I am just venting, as I have written this more for myself, then to worry you.
His grace continually shared with others, is what will bring us all, ever lasting fame.
May God Forgive me, for when I am gone,
I will become dust,
for He is my salvation,
and I shall be written in His book of names.

by Sir Richard...

A Volunteer Chaplain with the BGEA Rapid Response Team, Samaritan’s Purse Canada
Also a knight in thy service of the King of Kings.

No comments: