Wednesday, February 6, 2019

THIS IS FOR THE SPOILER FOR THE UNDER 30 - CROWD!!!

THIS IS FOR THE SPOILER FOR THE UNDER 30 - CROWD!!!
https://youtu.be/9F2NZJSh_5Q
If you are 30 or older you might see the humor in this as I have re-written this from my original..

When I was a kid, the adults of my day, used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were for them as kids. Because when they were growing up; they had to walk twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill.... Barefoot... BOTH ways, during the Depression, World War 2, Korea Yadda, yadda, yadda

I also remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in heck that I was going to lay a guilt trip like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!
But now that.... I'm over the ripe old age of sixty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

They have got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, they actually live in Utopia! As I hate to say it, but the kids of today, they don't know how good they've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the Library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen!
Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take, like, a week to a month, or more to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

Child Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to punish us as well as they saw fit! Nowhere was safe!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! If you wanted to free down load (steal music), you had to hitchhike or take a bus to the record store and purchase the record!
I of course, liked to take the bus down town and with only one dollar, For I bought the latest 45 RPM and a coffee with fries and gravy in the Hudson Bay store.

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had 8 tracks or cassette tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished and the tape would sometimes come undone. Cause - that's how we re-rolled, our cassette tape back to the beginning, to that Fav Song, dig?

We didn't have fancy phones with Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it! Also, we didn't have fancy Caller ID either when the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your School, your Mom, your Boss, a Collections Agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances!

We didn't have any fancy Play Station video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari! With games such as 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids', my favorite was Missile Command. There were no multiple game levels or screens; it was just one screen.... the same screen, forever!
For you could never win... as the game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Sometimes much like LIFE itself!

You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were dreaming when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your chair and walk over to the TV to change the 3 Channel TV, in Calgary! AGAIN NO REMOTES!!!

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you kids are so spoiled!

And we didn't have micro-waves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove! Imagine that!
That's exactly what I'm talking about! For the under 30 kids of today have got it too easy. You guys are so spoiled. Yes, you wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1950’s-60’s-70’s-80’s or before!
I know, when I was growing up; Vietnam, Iran, Gas Shortage and Inflation;
Yadda, yadda, yadda
My Regards To The Under 30 Crowd…

From,
Sir Richard…
http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.ca/

No comments: