Wednesday, December 10, 2014

GRIEF CANNOT BE RUSHED

MY own journey through the grief of my wife Joyce death cannot be compared to another person's journey. I will grieve like anyone does but in my own way and in my own time.
Grief does not have a set time limit; the only certainty, is that it will take longer than you would want it to. After all, it has only been six months since Joyce has gone to heaven but at times it seems like six years.
“Then a I ran upstairs looked at Joyce with Lucy Dog sitting beside her, as Joyce’s eyes told me that she was dead…
She just lay there so silent, so still, in our king-sized bed.
I now saw what the Lupus had finally done and at that moment, I wished that I was also dead.
So I called 911, did CPR, all the while I was crying, for I never knew there were worse things than dying”

"For grief is a process that cannot be rushed," a pastor once told me, who has dealt with hundreds of people who have gone through this loss. He said; that what he could tell me is that it is an extremely hard mental and physical process and an even longer process than any of us would ever want to believe!”

"He continued to say; Going through grief is like going through a tunnel. The bad news is the tunnel is dark, long and feels lonely. The good news is that once you enter into that tunnel, you are already started on your way out."
“These days I really feel like an old man, all tired, stiff, bent and sore.
A weary old man, who lost his wife and wondered why did she have to die, what for?
As this question comes up, though many do not comprehend why; "That at times I feel so tired of living, I would and do say that I had enough now, please just show me the door."
For gone is my best friend, my confident, no better interaction by any one person ever, had I during my life and yet I ask GOD THE FATHER why am I now so alone for, question?

For I believe that He does answers back;
“Yes says He, your journey is your own Richard but remember that I am here and that you are really never alone!
So do not be afraid to cry out to Me, even thus.”

“How long must I wrestle with my thoughts.
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?" (Psalm 13:2).
How long, my Lord, how long?
For this tunnel is so dark and long, FATHER GOD;
I beseech thee; “Lord GOD Almighty, show me Your light!”

“So with my still poor health, I continue to go to the hospital and walk past the crippled,
or wounded, the maimed.
As they travel down halls, to their assigned treatment areas.
I travel with on the same elevators, the armless, the legless, the blind, cancerous,
the just plain sick and or insane.
Those poor, poor, people, just like my wife and I, hoping to get help for what ails them all?
It is called “Survival” as a given name”
IN GOD THE FATHER, JESUS CHRIST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.
I say, Amen.
Posted by Sir Richard…

No comments: