Saturday, June 10, 2017

JUST EAST OF REVELSTOKE (Part Nine)

JUST EAST OF REVELSTOKE (Part Nine)
On our very last vacation trip, the radio reported a couple our age had been both killed in a car accident; JUST EAST OF REVELSTOKE - FROM OUR LOCATION.
For I have found that people talk a lot, as if the most important thing in life is to always see things for what they really are, but everything we do, every plan we make, is sort of a lie, even our own deaths.
We close our eyes at times and pretend that the day won't ever come when we won't need to make any more plans. HOPE is the biggest lie there is, then again for all intent and purposes, HOPE is the best.
As we must keep HOPE going; as if it is all mattered, for without HOPE we wouldn't keep going at all. So, from the tragic event we just kept traveling East, East of Revelstoke.

I HOPE
I HOPE someday for me the sun will shine again,
Then I shall see that the skies are still blue,
That I will feel once more and do not live in pain,
Because of the loss of you.

I HOPE that the grass below my feet.
Will only enhance the sunny hours of a future spring day.
I will view purple again and Lilac blooms smell sweet.
Though you have passed away.

I HOPE that the summer leaves will again shimmer bright.
Or I will see the beauty in the evening skies, if the weather is fair.
Even the golden autumn harvested fields, another rich delight.
Although you are not here.

I HOPE someday I shall not continue to shrink inward due to pain.
From the moment of your passing into the next year and again.
I miss your yearly gripe; “It’s Too Early!” for Christmas songs, once again.
Though now, maybe you cannot hear?

I HOPE through GOD and time, many of my life’s joys will renew.
Yet there is one greatest joy, I shall not again know.
To be with you my “Best Friend”, due to the loss of you,
When JESUS took you home and you did go…

Everybody Hurts and more so without HOPE, Just East of Revelstoke;
Part 9 by Richard Abbenbroek…

No comments: