Sunday, June 15, 2014

WHAT I MISS MOST!

WHAT I MISS MOST!
Sleep brings dreams; again I am at work.
Bells ring, people move, one of those -30C for no reason fire alarms.
Joyce is beside me running down the same escape.
I turn ask a question, she smiles and then dissipates into a wisp of smoke…
Wide awake, I am on the phone to a friend, they need our help.
Joyce, who is always so wise, would know what to say.
I actually turn towards her but that occupied space is empty, faded to gone…
Moving along, I speak aloud; would you look at that, did you see this, what do you think?
Again it is like speaking to the stars, as they scream out;
A Deafening, Silent, No More!
For from Joyce, any conversation is “What I Miss Most”.
By A Grieving
Richard Abbenbroek
Thinking, Breathing and Dreaming, Every Second of Joyce…

No comments: