Thursday, April 17, 2014

IN CHARGE OF THE WRINGER WASHER.

IN CHARGE OF THE WRINGER WASHER.
As the 2 speed machine was supposed to work. You filled it up with hot water from, the hot water hose for whites as I remember. Then after the appropriate time, you ran said clothes through the wringers, then rinsed out the washer.
Added new clean water and again ran this 2 speed wonder for an another appropriate set of time.
Let the now clean wash load go through the wringers into the clean wash tub and both times to collected the clothes from the rinse cycle to hang the upstairs to be hung on the clothes line.
If it was winter time my Mom had lines hung in the basement so that the laundry did not freeze brick hard outside in the -40F Calgary air.
Warning: Do watch what you are doing, when you are feeding the wringer part with clothes. We used a wooden spoon but to speed up the chore I just used my hand and hence, got it hung up in the clothes as it dragged sheets and all (my hand, arm etc.), into the wringer.
I of course screamed appropriately until the wringer part popped open as it was designed for fools like myself, in case of such an event!
I have always inside thanked the designers for this safety device ever since!
http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.ca/

No comments: