Thursday, March 4, 2010

For we have much, In Commonality.


Hello my TH Family,
If you are wondering where does he get the time to write, well I do this as my way of relaxing.
As I always set aside time for that.

The below was written to try and help a TH member who felt troubled due to her childhood.
She wondered were was God in her life back then, so I wrote this as we share much "In Commonality" and were both "Kid Parents" before our time:

Hello *******,

My friend whom, I am sorry that I have taken so long to write you back.
First, "Thank You" for sharing as I can feel and I do understand some of what you went through.
If I may also share some of my personal horror as a child.

I am the eldest in my family and as such, my Mother leaned on me a lot.
For even today, I feel that some of me was made to grow up to early...a lost childhood but I have almost no regrets.
My parents had a rocky marriage for years and when fights broke out, I was either sent to get help next door or ride my bike to my uncle's home.
To get help from there, as this was about 2 miles away and I either ran or rode my bike.
Each year the fights got worse and worse, until 1965 my parents separated and we move to Maple Ridge B.C.

During that summer at 10 years of age I worked raspberry picking with my cousins.
Every day from 7 AM till 5 PM we worked and at the end of it all, my Mother took all of my pay as she needed the income to help with the families school supplies.
Keep in mind, that I also either took care of and was a "Kid Parent" to my siblings, as I did dishes, washed walls, even had supper made for when my Dad got up for work on his graveyard shift.
Probably not as hard an experience as yourself but from 10 to 17 but I did it all, to help out.

Finally for some lost reason in my memory, we moved back to Calgary and found a home and I, got a paper route and once again, all my money went to the family coffers.
For I even had an extra job working at a Drug store sorting pop bottles and stocking shelves.
I was now 11. This last paragraph was just a little vent, as I guess I was wrong as it still bothers me.

One night in the Spring of 1966 in the upstairs tenant who lived in that apartment had a party that my Mother went to.
I put my 2 brothers and sister to bed and had total control of the TV! Yessssssssssssssss!!
Around 3 AM my Mother returned home and sent me to bed.
Then at 4 AM, a guy from the party got into our home (why the door was open, I do not know but I found out later what B&E meant) and then it started.
My Mother screamed "No I can't please get off of me", "Your hurting me!!!" Get Off...
For I was 11 and the guy on top of me Mom, looked really, really big, so all I could do was to throw my kid brother's wooden letter blocks against Mom's door.
I even scored a hit on this creatures, head. :)
Then like a thunderstorm he left and Mom was crying and crying, I went down stairs shaking and then I heard my Mother scream "Richard!"
Bolting up stairs I found my Mother covered in blood and with her wrists slashed.
My siblings were awake by then and so I made them go to there rooms down stairs and bolted the door as they hammered at this door requesting over and over "let us see and what is wrong with Mom"???

My mother just kept ranting over and over, that Dad would for sure now take us all away from her and while this was happening, I bound up her wounds with 2 dish towels.
Started cleaning up all the blood and also called 911 plus my Dad and then all at once. the Cops, Ambulance guys and my Dad, all showed up.
My Mother was then taken away on a stretcher and we kids went to my Uncles home.
I went downstairs to the room that I was assigned to me by my Aunt and with my coat still on as soon as I laid down, I feel asleep until the next day.
My Mother recovered and had her against the law suicide charges were dropped.

The creature that caused all this was charged with break & entry, rape and did prison time for his actions.
My Dad and Mom got back together and at least we were back to the "All In The Family", existence that we kids deeply desired.
I was still Head Parent Kid but that only lasted until I hitched hiked to Height Ashbury San Francisco in 1973 (found nothing there but long haired drunks) and after this, I joined the Royal Canadian Air Force.

Thinking about us both, I believe that we have choices and sometimes for you and I, events are thrust on us against our desires.
God takes care of people like you and I, by giving us the strength and experience to handle all of these.
From this we became the dependable people that we are and yes, you and I are known to be very dependable.
I believe God also thrust us together as comrades not for fun but because we have a commonality and our strengths from the past keep us going where others would have caved in, like a house of cards.

For we are all, men and women alike created in the image of God.
Fearfully and wonderfully made, fashioned as living icons of the Bravest, Wisest, most Stunning Beautiful Being = God.
Those who have seen Him, I have read fell to their knees without even thinking about it, just as you would find yourself breathless before the Prairies at sunset, the Rockies on a clear day or the Ocean at dawn.
For that glory was shared within us, as we are really “statues of God walking about in His garden,” endowed with a strength and beauty all our own and as such, we are also blessed with being fully alive.

When I look at the night sky and see the work of His fingers in the moon and in the stars that He set in place, who are we as mere humans to think that He does not care for us?
For even as we have all heard about original sin, we have not nearly heard enough about "Original Glory", which comes before sin and is deeper to our nature.
Because if we remember and if only faintly, that in His eyes we are more than we think we are now.
The reason one would doubt there could not be Glory to their life is because that Glory, has been the object of a long and brutal war between God and Evil!
To which we are both in the front lines helping the Lord to fight everyday, each in our own way and to our last of our breaths.

Please forgive me if I sound preachy but I was touched with what you shared with me and believe that you and I have much "In Commonality".

Thanks for letting me share this vent, as you are in my prayers.

Sir Richard...
http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.com/

P.S. and now for a song that fits my memory, from that year:
http://www.youtube.com/v/rNS6D4hSQdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0

No comments: