Friday, July 25, 2008

A letter between Brothers in Arms


From the old Warrior:

Hello my brother,
I am feeling trapped these days and sad, for I have only 6.5 years until I am 60.
It is also hard, every day watching those brave young men and women who have been sent out there, to fight and die to keep the peace for us.
While I sit at home here and play at being an armed chair 4 Maple Leaf General!
Maybe, I could get reactivated in the CAF and be sent out to Afghanistan.
I am old an a little feeble but I could at least work in supply as I love our country and it would be the least that I could do to help those kids out.

From his brother in arms & friend:

I love you brother,
Smile, let the kids fight this war, as we were once the ones to go and we did volunteer then didn't we?
After all, we fought and won the Cold War without ever having to shoot at anyone.
Hey that is impressive!
Someone now needs to be back home here and pray every day that they will be kept safe and also for their success.

The old Warrior:

Good words of comfort for sure.
As a prayer to help our young men and women be safe while working to keep the peace, is worth a million Old Warriors.

Support Red Fridays!

Posted for you by,

Sir Richard
A knight in thy service of the King of Kings!
http://www.myspace.com/bayohunter

No comments: