Monday, August 4, 2014

JUST EAST OF REVELSTOKE (Part Eight)

JUST EAST OF REVELSTOKE (Part Eight)

People talk a lot as if the most important thing in life is to always see things for what they really are, but everything we do, every plan we make, is kind of a lie. We close our eyes at times and pretend that the day won't ever come when we won't need to make any more plans. HOPE is the biggest lie there is, then again for all intent and purposes it is the best. As we have to keep HOPE going as if it all mattered, for without HOPE we wouldn't keep going at all.

I HOPE
I HOPE someday for me the sun will shine again,
And I shall see that the skies are still blue,
As I feel once more and do not live in pain,
Because of the loss of You.

I HOPE that the grass below my feet.
Will enhance the sunny hours of some future spring day.
And I shall find purple or white Lilac blooms smell sweet.
Though You have passed away.

I HOPE that the summer leaves will again shimmer bright.
Or see the beauty in crimson evening skies, if the weather is fair.
Even golden autumn harvested fields, another rich delight.
Although You are not there.

I HOPE someday I shall not continue to shrink in pain.
From the moment of your passing into the next year.
Or to hear you gripe; “It’s Too Early!” for Christmas songs, once again.
Although now You cannot hear.

I HOPE through GOD and time, many of life’s joys will renew.
There is one greatest joy, I shall not know.
To be again with my “Best Friend”, as my heart for loss of You,
It was broken, when You did go…




Everybody Hurts without HOPE, Just East Of Revelstoke;
Part 8 by Richard Abbenbroek…http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.ca/

No comments: