Wednesday, September 7, 2011

THE REASON FOR MY HOPE – LET’S ROLL

THE REASON FOR MY HOPE – LET’S ROLL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X168p1A33tA

"September 11 was just another date on the calendar for all of us. Now, when we hear that date, it brings to mind all sorts of things, from fear to anger to sadness to, for the thousands of people in my shoes, thoughts of all the loss that we have experienced personally. We're left with choices about what we will do with those feelings. The choices for people like me and for many of us in this room, are to look at all the things we've lost or to look at all the things we have; to become bitter or to become better; to live in fear or to live in hope. I've chosen to live in hope. . . ."The crowd interrupted me with a burst of applause, which I appreciated, but I didn't want anyone to misunderstand the source of my strength. "The reason I've been able to do that is not because I'm a strong person. I don't want anyone to go out of here thinking, Wow, she's so strong; look at her! The reason I've chosen to live in hope is because of the heavenly, eternal perspective God has given me. That tells me that fear comes from feeling out of control, and if September 11 has taught us anything, it is that we are never really in control. Todd and I were two people who planned for the future; type A's who had all our ducks in a row and yet we were not in control on September 11.

"But hope comes from knowing who is in control. Hope comes from knowing that we have a sovereign, loving God who is in control of every event of our lives. . . . In the book of Jeremiah (29:11) it says that God has a plan for me, a plan to prosper me and not to harm me; a plan to give me a hope and a future. And that is what holds me together every day when I get out of bed in the morning: to know that is true, and it has been proven true in my life to date. It was true on September 11, and it will be true for as many years as God has left for me, and for whatever He has in store for me . . . and for my children.

"It's a time of uncertainty, and many people are looking for something to cling to. I hope for you that you can cling to the one who has all the power, and all the love, and all the care, because He's the one who's really in charge."

from "Lets Roll" pp 277 by Lisa Beamer
*****************************************
Posted by Sir Richard
http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.com/

No comments: