Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunshine Through A Muddy Car Window


Hello Cousin,

I see that like Sunshine through a muddy car window (please forgive me if I am wrong), that beneath your beautiful smile, your river runs deep.
There is no way ever, that I could know your total pain and even now, I ask for your patience.
Like you I wonder each year, month, day, hour, minute why?
Like you, I understood who the perpetrator was and I have come to know as each year passes, Satan's and his minions ways better.
True, Christ asks us to forgive those who hurt us but I also believe He asks us through Him, to forgive ourselves.
The reason is simple, as with time bitterness and being unforgiven inside ourselves, are claws that set their hooks deep in our hearts.
They are chains that keep us held captive to the wounds and the messages of those wounds.
Until you forgive yourself, you remain their prisoner.

Now please listen carefully.
Forgiveness is a choice, it is not a feeling, so don’t try and feel forgiving.
It is an act of your will, “Don’t wait to forgive until you feel like forgiving,” someone once wrote.
For you will never get there.
Feelings take time to heal after the choice to forgive is made . . .
Like yours, I believe that you really only learn year by year to deal with it better, for it is all there and only a scab pick away.

For if forgiveness doesn’t visit the emotional core of our lives, we will always remain incomplete.
We acknowledge that it hurt, that it mattered, and we choose to extend forgiveness to those who hurt us.
This is not saying, “It didn’t really matter”; it is not saying, “I probably deserved part of it anyway.”
Forgiveness says, “It was wrong. Very, Very Wrong!!!
It mattered, it hurt me deeply and I release you...
I give the pain that you caused in me and you personally, TO GOD ALMIGHTY TO DEAL WITH!

In this way we are no longer slaves to the pain that they caused and we are also no longer held captive to Satan.
As these evil ones are in fact, pawns in Satan's all corrupting hands.
This doesn’t absolve them of the choices they made or the things they did, as God will deal with the whole lot of them, in His own good time!
It just helps us, to let them go and for us, to realize that they were used by our true enemy in his war against God through us.

Again, if I have just bounced a ball off of your good china cabinet.
By being in any way off course on this, then I will ask you now, for your forgiveness.

In His precious name I will pray for you...

Written by,

Sir Richard...
A knight in the service of the King of Kings! :)
http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.com/

P.S. Here is a song for you to listen to also:
http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=23187078

No comments: