Monday, November 23, 2009

Satan’s Illusions


Of all the pleasures in my life, one of them is to sit by our church’s water display and think about God.
One day I was wondering as to why Satan did not see our Lord’s death on the cross and resurrection coming?
A thought came to me, which stated “it is because he can not tell the future”.

This led me to more thoughts about the power of God and Satan's war for our souls?
It's not just a killing here, a domestic dispute there, or the murder of a child.

The whole thing is much bigger than that.
Just take some evil act, happening every second of every day all over the earth and you can start to get the bigger picture.

For if God created the whole universe then evil plays a much more larger role than we all think it does in our personal small worlds, one that we can not really see.
Just take "War" as an example, for we have had one every year for millenniums:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/351941/WARS-How-Many-Have-We-Fought

From this you can see that Peace is fleeting at best and this is only but one endeavor of Satan.

In my younger days a Rolling Stone song “Sympathy for the Devil” haunted me with these lines:
“Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game?”
http://www.youtube.com/v/vw1hFRL3XAo&hl=en_US&fs=1


Not that I get many biblical references from rock songs, but one can not help to be affected from moments, that come to your attention through daily events.
Still the question nagged me as to “Is the nature of my game?” part of these lyrics.

In Job 1:12 the Lord said to Satan “See, I give all he has into your hands, only do not put a finger on the man himself. And Satan went out from before the Lord”.
This means that all of Satan’s power comes from our Lord God, whose purpose I do not know.
God who made all of us and all things and by God, Satan was cast out of heaven.
Ezekiel 28:12-17

So what I believe, is that all this is because we have been given choice. After all, we are not just micro processors, which as you know, are all more or less all the same, with not much difference between them.

Another thought, is that all of Satan’s evil creations, which are only shadows and wisps of smoke, basically illusions. So to obtain anything from these illusions you are making the biggest of mistakes.
Illusions which only have inspired the likes of, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Jeffrey Dahmer, child abductors and murderers to give only a few examples of followers of the 7 deadly sins. Proverbs 6:16-19.
Satan uses these illusions to entice us into doing vile things. For it is man who makes evil reality and by doing so, assists Satan in the mocking of God, another aspect of the bigger picture.
Even simple every day acts of cruelty and lies carried out by us are just as sinful as the murder of 6 million people, or the one.

So my advice to you my sisters and brothers is to be very, very careful as to what thoughts you put into practice.
For as the song says “Ah, what's puzzling you, Is the nature of my game?”
Take heed, as you can easily and inadvertently assist Satan in the mocking of God through the collecting of your souls...

By Sir Richard...
It’s one thing to know there is a God; it’s quite another to know the God who is.
As I am before God, mere "Writings in Dust"...
http://bayo-hunter.blogspot.com/

No comments: