Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hippo Days = A Virus

Some days my computer helps me fly like an eagle. Other times, it bogs me down like a chained hippopotamus. On “eagle days” I’m grateful for my computer. But there are those “hippo days” when I rue the day I bought one.
Recently I’ve had to contend with a virus that invaded my computer. What bothers me most is that viruses are created maliciously. Bright people who live with a darkness in their lives want to make other people miserable. What’s worse, I permitted the virus to enter my machine by opening what I thought was an innocent e-mail.
Just as we let a virus into our computers, we also let darkness into our lives when we open ourselves unthinkingly to evil messages that permeate our culture. We let down our guard and hardly notice that which infects our minds.
But by reading God’s Word, and praying, we build a firewall, or barrier, to safeguard our minds. With His help, we’ll keep our minds from becoming unwitting hosts for unwanted guests.
Be positive but be aware, and guard your minds & hearts as you would your wallet.
May the grace of God be with you always!

Sincerely,

Richard Abbenbroek...

2 comments:

Vickie said...

My friend, you blow me away with your wisdom!

Sir Richard The Bayo-Hunter said...

Hello Vickie,
You are to kind with words.
I'll have you know that if I was
really wise, I would have picked the winning Lotto 6/49 tickets long ago. :)

Sir Richard...